Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Knowledge Drop: Netflix and Chill

Wait.  Wait wait wait wait.  “Netflix and chill” doesn’t mean binge watch Netflix and chill?  What?!  How is this possible?  HOW IS THIS BRAND NEW INFORMATION?!

Here I was…. Casually going about my evening, watching UVA try to put out the dumpster fire that was their last two basketball games, and I got a facebook group message from some baseball friends with this article and a twitter message from my favorite (former L ) Nats bullpen guy Drew Storen:


The other ladies in the group message were laughing and saying they thought “chill” meant… chill.  I was a late comer to this conversation, so as I was reading everyone’s comments to catch up, I found myself confused, wondering what they were talking about.  Slowly, I began to think wait… does Netflix and chill means something other than…. Netflix and chill?!  Surely not…. Right?

So I read the article, and found myself face to face with the horrifying realization that Netflix and chill really doesn’t mean binge watch tv and chill out.  Omg.  OMG.  I checked with two friends, who just laughed at me and my ridiculous lack of knowledge.


I now find myself feeling both horrified (because I know I’ve used this phrase before, but I can’t think of when or to who), and feeling like I’m about 80 years old, and, honestly? I can’t decide which feeling is worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment