Monday, January 4, 2016

Doctors are Ridiculous

Another day, another bad experience in a doctor's office waiting room.  I seriously don't get why they get to be such delicate geniuses, and the rest of us have to bend to their will.  I get that they went to med school and all, which isn't easy, but I have a life and things I need to accomplish as well.

I took a client to the doctor today, and we were kept in the waiting room for over an hour.  (!!!)  This was the exchange I had with the woman sitting at the front desk:
Me:  hi.  our appointment was an hour ago.
Front Desk Bitch:  yup. [blank stare]
Me:  ....
FDB:  [blank stare]
Me:  .... you're running that far behind?
FDB:  yup.
Me:  ....
FDB:  [blank stare]
Me:  ....do you have an eta?
FDB:  nope. [blank stare]
So.  Yeah.  Great.  THANKS!  No apology for how late they were running.  No half assed guess at when we would maybe be seen by the magical doctor.  Nothing.  Just a blank stare, and an attitude like how dare I bother her with such nonsense.

A friend told me that she will send bills to doctors for her time when this happens.  THAT IS AMAZING!  I wish I could do something like that.  I definitely couldn't get away with it when it's work related, but I'm totally going to have to try that in my own life the next time I'm kept waiting forever and a day past my appointment time.

The good news?  We were called back shortly after the wonderful exchange above happened, and we weren't kept waiting for very long in the exam room.

The bad news?  I had a brand new coworker shadowing me, and the client wasn't comfortable having her come back with us, so she had to sit in the waiting room.  Whomp whomp.

No comments:

Post a Comment